Quick 45-Minutes Roast Brick Turkey
- 10-12 lb Olivier's Brick Turkey (seasoned with salt, pepper and Herb de Provence)
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed, more to taste
- 1 branch fresh tarragon or thyme separated into sprigs, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or tarragon
- ? cup extra virgin olive oil or butter
- Extra salt and pepper to taste as you wish to your taste.
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Put it, breast side up, in a roasting pan.
Wings should partly cover breasts, and legs should protrude a bit.
Tuck garlic and tarragon under the bird and in the nooks of the wings and legs. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
Roast for 20 minutes, undisturbed. Turkey should be browning. Remove from oven, baste with pan juices, and return to oven. Reduce heat to 400 degrees (if turkey browns too quickly, reduce temperature to 350 degrees).
Begin to check turkey's temperature about 15 minutes later (10 minutes if bird is on the small side). It is done when thigh meat registers 165 degrees on an instant-read meat thermometer. Check it in a couple of places.
Let turkey rest for a few minutes before carving, then serve with garlic cloves and pan juices.