Country Pork Roast
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin (or Roti Echine, Pork Shoulder Roast, Pork loin Roti from OlivierÊ¼s)
- 12 pear onions, pealed
- 1/2 lbs of carrots, peeled and cut at an angle
- 2 1/4 cups of dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups of waxy potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sweet butter
- 1 fresh bouquet garni (of thyme, bay leaves, and sage, tied with a string. or you can use Herb de Provence)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- Sea salt
In a casserole, heat up the oil. Then add the pork and cool over medium heat, turn occasionally, for about 8-10 minutes, until golden brown over. Lower the heat, cover and cook, turn occasionally for 1 1/2 hours.
Pour the wine into the casserole and add the inions, carrots, potatoes, butter and bouquet. Cover the casserole and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, coarsely chop the garlic and parsley together.
Remove the bouquet garni from the casserole and discard. Season the roast with sea salt and sprinkle the garlic and parsley mixture on the potatoes before serving.